Our company instructor and curriculum are approved and have been audited by the Arizona Department of Public Safety to ensure that your training is recognized by the state and meets all criteria for licensing. We offer an interactive college-style class, NOT a boring video, in a professional office setting where you will learn everything you need to know to work in the AZ security industry, by an approved DPS instructor.
Class price is $150 for the 8-hour course, payable with cash, credit or debit card. The cost includes $72.00 DPS fee, fingerprints and instructor time. After completion of this course, you will receive an Arizona Department of Public Safety
"Unarmed Guard License," approximately 2 weeks after the class is completed.
***This class is on scheduled class weekends from 9am-5pm Saturdays. Arrive at class to check in 15 minutes early.
FOR THE CLASS YOU WILL NEED:
TO TAKE THE CLASS YOU MUST BE:
At least 18 years old, US Citizen or Legal Resident, and have a CLEAN criminal record!!
These disqualifiers apply to:
- Security Guard
- Armed Security Guard
- If you are under 18 years of age and are applying to be a security guard
- If you are not a citizen or legal resident who is authorized to seek employment in the United States.
- If you have ever been convicted of a felony, whether or not your conviction was subsequently Set Aside or Vacated and your Civil Rights were restored.
- If you are currently under indictment for a felony
- If within the last 5 years preceding your application, you have been convicted of any misdemeanors, whether or not your conviction was subsequently Set Aside or Vacated, that involves:
- Personal violence
- Misconduct involving a deadly weapon as provided in Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) 13-3102.
- Dishonesty or fraud
- Domestic violence
- Narcotics (Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) 13, Chapter 34or similar)
- Sexual misconduct
- If you are on parole, community supervision or work furlough, on home arrest, on release on any other basis.
- If you are named in an outstanding arrest warrant
- If you are on probation pursuant to a conviction for any act of personal violence or domestic violence as in Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) 13-3601 or similar.
- If you have been adjudicated mentally incompetent or found to constitute a danger to self or others, Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) 36-540
- If you have a disability, which renders you incapable of performing essential functions of the job even with reasonable accommodation from the employer, Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) 41-1461.
- If you have been convicted of acting or attempting to act as a security guard or private investigator without a license if a license was required
**IF YOU TAKE THIS CLASS AND HAVE AN UNDISCLOSED, DISQUALIFYING CONVICTION(S) THERE ARE NO CLASS REFUNDS!
FINALLY...... BE READY TO HAVE FUN AND LEARN!!
Feel free bring food and drinks to the class!