MOST TRAINING COMPANIES DO NOT SHOW YOU ALL THE HIDDEN COSTS AND REQUIRED ITEMS FOR THEIR CLASSES. They advertise a $75 class that really costs around $250-$300.
OUR classes are all-inclusive and 1 price! This 16-hour class certifies you with an Arizona Department of Public Safety Armed Guard License (Through DPS). Our class includes NRA safety instruction ($20), range time ($30), class time, fingerprints ($15), targets ($5), ($122 DPS) license fees and FBI background check, (2) passport photos ($27), AND all paperwork sent to DPS for you. Since we are a DPS-licensed Security Agency, this class provides EVERYTHING you need to become a licensed Arizona Department of Public Safety Armed Security Officer.
You will be issued an AZ DPS Armed Guard License under our Agency license, which will take approximately 4-6 weeks to arrive depending on AZDPS processing time. YOU WILL NOT NEED TO TAKE OUR TRAINING TO ANOTHER COMPANY TO BE ISSUED A LICENSE (unless you want to)!
Our company instructor and curriculum are approved and have been audited by Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZ DPS) to ensure that your training is recognized by the state and meets all criteria for licensing. We offer an informative and interactive college-style class, in a professional office setting, where you will learn everything you need to know to be a professional in the Arizona security industry, taught by an approved DPS instructor.
You can pay with cash, debit or credit card. Cash sign-ups must be done at the office 9am-5pm M-F.
FOR THE CLASS YOU WILL NEED:
-DRIVERS LICENSE or CURRENT PASSPORT or MILITARY ID.
-DPS issued Guard Card or Guard card class Prior to class date.
-NOTEBOOK AND PEN.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
A 9mm, .40 cal. or .45 cal. firearm, Safety equipment (Hearing and eye protection), At least 100 rounds of target ammunition (Extra is recommended), Holster or Duty Belt (If you have one) and 2-3 ammunition magazines for your weapon.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A WEAPON OR SAFETY EQUIPMENT THESE ITEMS CAN BE RENTED. FIREARMS ARE $25 PER CLASS. SAFETY EQUIPMENT $2 PER CLASS.
AMMUNITION FOR 9MM, .40 CAL AND .45 ARE AVAILABLE FOR $20 PER BOX.
WEAPON RENTAL AND AMMUNITION COSTS CAN BE ADDED TO YOUR CART DURING YOUR PURCHASE.
***This class is on scheduled class weekends from 9am-5pm both Saturday and Sunday. Arrive at the class to check in 15 min. early.
**TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CLASS YOU MUST!!**
-A LEGAL POSSESSER (SEE WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Violence_Offender_Gun_Ban)
-At least 18 years old, US Citizen or Legal Resident, and have a CLEAN criminal record!!
These disqualifiers apply to:
- Security Guard
- Armed Security Guard
- If you are under 18 years of age and are applying to be a security guard, armed security guard.
- If you are not a citizen or legal resident who is authorized to seek employment in the United States.
- If you have ever been convicted of a felony, whether or not your conviction was subsequently Set Aside or Vacated and your Civil Rights were restored.
- If you are currently under indictment for a felony
- If within the last 5 years preceding your application, you have been convicted of any misdemeanors, whether or not your conviction was subsequently Set Aside or Vacated, that involves:
- Personal violence
- Misconduct involving a deadly weapon as provided in Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) 13-3102
- Dishonesty or fraud
- Domestic violence
- Narcotics (Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) 13, Chapter 34 or similar)
- Sexual misconduct
- If you are on parole, community supervision or work furlough, on home arrest, on release on any other basis.
- If you are named in an outstanding arrest warrant
If you are on probation pursuant to a conviction for any act of personal violence or domestic violence as in Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) 13-3601 or similar.
- If you have been adjudicated mentally incompetent or found to constitute a danger to self or others, Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) 36-540
- If you have a disability, which renders you incapable of performing essential functions of the job even with reasonable accommodation from the employer, Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) 41-1461
- If you have been convicted of acting or attempting to act as a security guard or private investigator without a license if a license was required.
**IF YOU TAKE THIS CLASS AND HAVE AN UNDISCLOSED OR DISQUALIFYING CONVICTION(S) THERE ARE NO CLASS REFUNDS!
CLASSES ON THE WEEKEND START AT 9 AM. WEEKDAY CLASSES START AT 12 PM.
***FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS IN THE CLASS DO NOT BRING LOADED FIREARMS TO CLASS!!!
BE READY TO HAVE FUN AND LEARN!!
Feel free bring food and drinks to the class!